Thursday 3 November 2016

C*U*R*R*E*N*T*L*Y - Fall Blog Hop

Brilliant foliage. Jack-o-lanterns. Apple cider. Fall is in the air! My writerly pals and I are sharing autumn moments in the C*U*R*R*E*N*T*L*Y - Fall Blog Hop. Please have a read and enjoy. Then visit the other #Gr8Blogs listed at the end of this post for more Fall 2016 C*U*R*R*E*N*T*L*Y inspiration.


Loving

Absolutely loving my new lifestyle. I took the leap of faith in August and left the dreaded day job to pursue creativity full time. It was the most scariest decision I have ever made and was not one I took lightly. However as stressful as it was, it is the best decision I have ever made. I am finally able to put more time into doing what I love and my art is coming along leaps and bounds with all of my experimenting. I have no idea how long this will last, but I am thoroughly loving the new lifestyle even if I do resemble a hobo most days due to the lack of makeup and permanent wear of jim jams and dressing gown ha ha. 




Reading

I am currently reading Jerry Sargeants book Star Magic. As most of you know energy healing and meditation has been a big part of my life since last Christmas after it snapped me out of a slippery slope to doomsville. It is the healing of Jerry Sargeant that has transformed my life and helped me find my true self. I was so lost last year, but after tapping into meditation and energy healing everything suddenly made sense. I knew what I needed to do, and most importantly I no longer let my fears control me. 

So much has changed this year, people have entered my life who seem to be key to my journey and opportunities are constantly coming in that all seem to be linked somehow. I just love this new game of life, it's like trying to piece together a very elaborate and colourful puzzle. I found my missing piece and now I just need to put it altogether, exciting stuff. I really need to write more posts about all of my experiences with this new “reality”. I am handwriting them all down in my journal and one day I will blog about it all. Anyway I am fascinated with Jerry's work and when I heard his new book was out I had to buy it. Its a very interesting read, quite nuts in parts but I love the unusual so it's right up my street. I am hoping it will help me understand more about it all and how I can use everything I am learning to help others. I would love to do one of his facilitator courses in the near future.


Listening To

Now that I am working from home I have been taking a trip down memory lane and listening to a lot of alternative and ecclectic sounds. I usually like my dance / house music but lately I have been listening to things like Enigma, Paul Oakenfield, Enya and a few tribal beats. I might do musicals next week, fancy a bit of Les Mis and Phantom of the Opera, although that was my Dad's favourite and might not be the most productive choice, never a dry eye when thats playing, stunning soundtrack though.

Thinking About

Gosh what am I not thinking about! Well I am still trying to get my business Artypeace off the ground so that takes up a lot of my thoughts. The latest thing I want to try this weekend is decorating candles so if that goes well I will run a little Christmas workshop for the kids again as I thoroughly enjoyed Artypeace's trial birthday party. There is still so much to do with the business but it's going to be such a slow process as the illustrating has to take precedence seeing that illustrating is what's paying the bills. I have recently handed a tonne of leaflets out for the painting party packages so I am hoping I will get a booking soon. It can be frustrating when things get stuck but you just have to keep going and think of different angles, it is one big learning curve! So far the workshops seem to be the most successful so I will have to plan more of them next year. It is fascinating seeing how much creativity does benefit people though, I am thoroughly enjoying all the experiences I have had through the company so far and am looking forward to all the ones to come.



Anticipating

I am off to Australia at the end of the month for my sisters 30th. I will be going by myself so I am a little nervous about the flight, but can't wait to see my family out there again, I miss them so much! I am also going to meet an Art gallery director out there so I am trying to get a few story telling pieces together for it. Fingers crossed they will agree to have my work on display and hopefully we can collaborate in some way with bringing their concept to the uk.


I am also currently working on a spiritual themed range of children's stories at the moment which have been written by Jerry's daughter… see what I mean about the right people coming into your life! I am very curious to see how these books will turn out, there seems to be big plans for them and Jerry certainly is a man who makes his visions happen so I have a feeling that they will do just fine! 


Hot off the easel

Around illustrating, launching a business and the usual motherly duties I have been able to squeeze in some other artwork to keep the creative juices flowing. I participated in inktober over on Instagram which was great fun and I have painted several new experimental pieces, trying out different mediums and techniques. I am trying to incorporate everything I have learned over the past years and bringing them together somehow. My style seems to be slowly coming together, taken long enough! I have also launched an online shop through https://www.curioos.com/corrinaholyoake for prints of my work. Here are some of the things I have been working on......





Thanks for stopping by! For more Currently - Fall 2016 moments, visit the #Gr8blogs below.
And hey, if you’re pumped about writing your own Currently - Fall 2016 post, just add your family-friendly Currently link to your blog post in the comment section. We’ll visit your blog and give you some blog love!

Cat Michaels Cat’s Corner 
Julie Gorges, Baby-Boomer Bliss 
Carmela Dutra, A Blog for your Thoughts 

Auden Johnson,  Dark Treasury
Sondra Robbins Rymer Fairytales Imagery



7 comments:

  1. awwww, hey Corrina! So LOVELY to see more of your beautiful artistry! How cool are you!!! love it all so much. Good luck meeting with the Art Gallery Director ~ so fabulous and celebrating your sisters birthday in AUSTRALIA! wow. such a FUN FUN FUN trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much lovely lady, never a dull moment he he. Really hoping something will come out of the gallery visit, would be great to have some work on display again. Looking forward to catching up on your post later.

      Delete
    2. Best wishes with all your new projects! I can remember when I decided to jump into writing full-time, it is scary but exciting at the same time. Visited Australia many moons ago and it was one of our best trips. Loved it there! Have fun.

      Delete
    3. Thank you so much Julie, yep scary for sure but I do love the freedom of it all. Really appreciate you taking the time out to read this and leave a comment :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Corrina! I loved your post!!! You are a busy and very productive lady! So proud of you!
    I will check out the book you are reading, sounds inspiring!
    Have fun on your trip visiting your family and making a work connection.
    You are amazing!
    Best wishes always!!!
    Rosie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you sweetie, thanks ever so much for leaving a comment and taking the time out to read my ramblings ha ha. Really appreciate your support. Big hugs

      Delete
  3. Corrina, your world is majorly changing on all fronts, and you are soaring. Such change is not easy. I am so proud of you for taking the plunge. Enjoy your family Down Under.

    ReplyDelete