Thursday 16 June 2016

C*U*R*R*E*N*T*L*Y Blog Hop - Summer Dreaming


Yay another blog hop! I do enjoy these as it gives me a chance to catch up with the lives of my writerly pals. In this blog hop we share our summer dreams with you. Please have a read and enjoy. Then visit the other #Gr8Blogs listed at the end of this post for more Summer 2016 C*U*R*R*E*N*T*L*Y inspiration.

My plans for summer are like no other summer I have had before. Huge life changes are happening in the background and will come to fruition by the end of July. So what’s been going on these last couple of months, well….


Loving

I am still very much into my new found love of energy healing and meditation. I must write up a blog post about the star magic workshop I went on by Jerry Sergeant http://www.starmagichealing.com it was an experience that I will never ever forget and I didn’t realise how much my fear was controlling my life until I attended it. It gave me some extremely deep healing and really opened up my world in ways I didn’t think possible.  I have done a huge amount of self discovery this year through meditation, reading endless blogs / articles about the whole subject and connecting with fellow like minded people. I have made some amazing friendships through it and met some real characters! I feel completely at peace and things are all snowballing into a crazy little whirlwind of much fun and excitement, with the odd spell of fear thrown in ha ha. One of the biggest changes this year, is my growth in confidence! I am surprised with what I have been throwing myself into, there is no way in the world I would do half of the stuff I am doing this time last year. I am so curious to see just how far I will push myself with it all, but the more you face your fears the stronger you become, in all areas of your life.  My blog Don't Let Being an Introvert Stop You From Living Your Creative Dreams gives some tips for those introverts out there. Don't let this trait run your life for you, if I can do this... seriously, anyone can!


with thanks to http://anjaphotos.com/
Anticipating

So a couple of weeks ago I decided to do a new moon ritual to manifest my goals and desires. Are you starting to back away? Ha ha. Yes I know all this sounds nuts, but this is what is working for me and what I believe in, so as crazy as it sounds I feel I should share it.  I personally get affected by the moon a lot, and I know many others do too. It will either be a case of being on an extreme high or an extreme low or even full on internal rage…. It might just be a woman thing ha ha. So I came across a post advertising Sarah Prouts new moon manifestation ritual. The New moon was a few days away which was ideal timing to do the ritual so I thought, why not. You have to try these things right.

The new moon signifies beginnings so is the perfect time to put your intentions forward. I have had some major decisions to make this year and will be taking a massive leap of faith so I kinda need all the support I can get out there. So I thought lets give this a bash, what have I got to lose. The  ritual consisted of writing your 5 intentions out 55 times in a meditative state. I won’t give away all  the instructions as they are not mine to give away, but if you are interested then please do check Sarahs website out http://sarahprout.com

Now two have already come true! The first one was to lead a healthy lifestyle and stop smoking the second was to be chosen for an art competition that would be an opportunity of a life time. I can’t say too much as I am still waiting to see if I have made it to the finals, but I got as far as the 2nd stage which I am absolutely blown away by. Out of over 1000 artists, I was chosen as one of the 200. Apologies for gloating, but I am so dam proud of myself! Anyway we will see what happens there, but it well and truly gave me the reassurance I needed for my plans this summer.


Reading

My intention of stopping smoking happened in an odd way. I put my intentions out to the universe and the next day I was struck down by an infection that literally wiped me out for a week. So while I was stuck in bed I thought I would try finding another hypnosis video for stopping smoking, I have tried them twice before and lasted a week and then the will power crumbled.

I stumbled across a video clip mentioning  Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking. Now any smokers out there will know how difficult it is to stop, I have lost count of the amount of times I have tried! Well this book was amazing! It encourages you to smoke the whole way through it which is every smokers dream ha ha

I just found it a fascinating read more than anything because it makes you really look at the whole psychology behind smoking and you start to see the truth for what it really is and that is MIND CONTROL! It really does make you look at smoking in a whole new way, fascinating stuff. Now you can’t force people to stop, you either want to do it or you don’t, but if you really do, then honestly… download the book! What  have you got to lose? If anything it really is a good read.

You are encouraged not to stop smoking until you finish the entire book and after that you set your stop date. I was very skeptical, but while I was reading it I was finding I didn’t really want to smoke even though I was being told to go and have one. When I finished  the book I was eager to start there and then and it has been so painless!  I won’t pat myself on the back yet as it has only been a week and a half but I will dedicate a blog to it when I reach a month, and I WILL reach it.



Making Me Happy

Everything is making me happy right now, my family, friends, the people I am meeting through my workshops and creative endeavours.  We recently went on a camping trip with some friends to the New Forest which was amazing. It was the children’s first camping trip and they absolutely loved it. We loved it so much, all of us are doing it again at the end of August. It was so lovely to get in touch with nature and to leave the gadgets behind. Days were spent on long walks followed by bbqs and pub lunches. Then the evening was spent playing cards and hanging out. Most people know my obsession with trees so this little trip was heaven on a plate for me. Beautiful part of the country!


We have started to become green fingered again and started doing bits and pieces in the garden. I have a little vegetable patch on the go which is lovely, hopefully we will have some tomatoes, green beans, pumpkin, courgettes, corn and strawberries on the go. We are also planning to deck out the side garden so that we can do some summer entertaining and for the childrens art workshops that I want to run from home.

August is going to be a month that I am a grin on legs. My sister is having a baby… yay!! So that is super exciting and my other sister is coming down for two weeks from Australia. I haven’t seen her for over a year so I cannot wait for that. My Mum is also back from Australia for a while so it will be so lovely having most of my family around me again.  Most of my family live in Australia which at times can be difficult as we are all very close, they are my best friends. Thank goodness for skype though, at least that makes things easier. August also marks the time that this bird finally flies. I think that is a rather nice little thought to end this blog post on.

Thank you to all who do read my blogs, if you have any questions at all on any of the subjects that I talk about or just want to connect with me then feel free to get in touch. I love getting to know new people and listening to their tales. Life is one big game and learning experience, there is nothing better than sharing it with people and just spreading the love.


Namaste


For more Currently -Summer 2016 inspiration, visit the #Gr8blogs below.

And hey, if you’re pumped about writing your own Currently - Summer 2016 post, just add your family-friendly Currently link to your blog post in the comment section. We’ll visit your blog and give you some blog love!


Auden Johnson, Dark Treasury
http://ow.ly/DQrK301hW8U

Cat Michaels, Cat’s Corner
http://goo.gl/2OIYQg  
Carmela Dutra, A Blog For Your Thoughts
http://carmeladutra.com/blog-post/currently-a-blog-hop-of-what-im-up-to/

Jd Holiday, JD Writers Blog

http://jdswritersblog.blogspot.co.uk/2016/06/currently-what-im-up-to.html
Julie Gorges, Baby Boomer Bliss

http://babyboomerbliss.net/currently-how-im-finding-my-bliss-the-summer-of-2016/ 

8 comments:

  1. I'm also an introvert - and so agree! I've also done things I'm not comfortable with like working as a newspaper reporter where I was constantly with people and doing tons of interviews or book signings. I think part of the trick is to pay attention to our need for time alone, our need to recharge our batteries after a social event, and our need to indulge in quiet activities like reading a book. So glad you have found your way on your path to self discovery and haven't let it hold you back from fulfilling your dreams. I wish you lots of luck with quitting smoking - what a great step to better health. Lovely pics. You should be very proud of all your accomplishments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It can be controlling can't it, for years I have let it rule my life and I have stopped myself from doing things because of fear, no more! Thank you for the lovely comments and I love that you resonate with this too, you are another example of how you don't have to be burdened by this trait, it can actually work in your favour once you know how to control it he he. Looking forward to reading your post. Here is to the best summer ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Corrina, I am inspired by all you are accomplishing personally and professionally. You are fruly following your passion and finding your awesome, unique life path. And (((Huge))) kudos for giving up smoking.

    It will be fun being cyber-aunties together! Glad your family is visiting this summer. My folks are just an hour jet ride away,. Cannot imagine the challenge of having loved ones on the other side of the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thanks Cat, it has been quite an intense start to the year but an exhilarating one! The smoking was a huge hurdle, still need to overcome my biggest fear... driving, but I will get there. That one is a very tough cookie to crack, hate it ha ha. Big congrats on being anew aunty soon too, love that we can share that together. Thank you so much for the comments

      Delete
  4. I enjoyed this blog, I learned things I didn't know. I always enjoy blogs like these where you get an inside peek into the lives of authors. I do wish you all the best in kicking the smoking, and I look forward to your blog about reaching your first month. You will get there, I know it! Big congrats on the art competition! I've always felt your illustrations are just amazingly adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Carmy, yep I will do it this time around, it feels completely different to other times, I don't even miss it. The only strange thing is finding all this extra time and energy to play with. Wish I had read the book earlier! Thank you for leaving some comments, really appreciate it.

      Delete
  5. Yay, your post was so inspiring. I feel uplifted just by reading it. Congrats on the art competition.

    I need to download some of your confidence. Maybe I'll try meditation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Auden, I can't recommend meditation highly enough for it. I have tried a few different ones now and Jerry's are by far the most powerful. The biggest thing to teach your mind is letting go, once that has been done you start to unlock the true potential that hides within all of us. It just needs unblocking, energy healing does this. Once you try it you will never look back, it's pretty life changing. Oh, another thing I practice now.. fake it! The more you act like you are confident and face your fears the more comfortable everything feels. Our minds are an amazing tool!

      Delete